Friday, January 22, 2016

Peeling Layers of an Onion Metaphor

Have you ever wondered...

                                      ... how deep your layers go and how long will it take to peel them off???

"Peeling Layers of an Onion" is a metaphor that's often use when dealing and healing with life issues.  For the last couple of years, I was forced to be in positions where there was no way out.  Perhaps, I had hit rock bottom, and the only way up was to start digging deep inside and find who I really am. As I started to go inwardly, I realized that it's not anything I thought it would be. 

In order for me to go deeper, there're layers and layers of old habits, disappointments, fears, failures, rejections, betrayal, and many more. Things that I carefully avoided found their ways back.  People whom I vowed not to allow to get the best of me returned with the same intention.  Mistakes I made that had redirected my life journey came back to haunt me.
  1. Do I actually have that many layers? 
  2. Why is it so difficult to look at my issues face-to-face? 
  3. How come I can't even recognize myself?
  4. Can people really see me as who I am?
  5. Am I doing a good job at keeping these layers under the cover?
  6. What would people think if I let them in and see me from the inside out?
Countless questions run through my head as I am searching for an easier way to this layer peeling which is nearly impossible.  As we all know, in order to get to the inner layers, we must first peel the outer layers until we get to the layer we want. There is no short-cut.  We must cry our eyes through the peeling... just like we must face and confront obstacles and hurdles before we could get to where we want to be.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment